A deeply personal exhibition inspired by the historical novel and Academy Award-winning film The Garden of the Finzi-Continis, and his father’s experiences in Italy during the war. This compelling collection of contemporary works help provoke dialogue on many topics and create the opportunity to engage different university departments.
Nov. 5 – Dec. 13, 2015
Opening events on Nov. 5:
- Artist’s talk at 4 p.m. in the Performance Hall in the Covington Center
- Film showing The Garden of the Finzi-Continis at 4:30 p.m. (also in the Performance Hall)
- Reception and exhibit opening at 6 p.m.
Radford University Art Museum
Radford, VA 24142
Phone: (540) 831-5754
- Hours: Fall and spring semester hours: Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday: noon to 4 p.m.
- The Art Museum at the Covington Center displays art throughout the academic year. Each year a major exhibition features works by national or international artists.The gallery is also the venue for the BFA and MFA exhibitions each semester, art faculty shows, and the senior show for the department of interior design and fashion. Selections from the permanent collection are often displayed during summer terms (mid-May through July).